The Shadow and the Flame
- A Fresh Start – Where we meet Lutheran/Tomascal/… for the first time
- Culpable – Why Garridan was sent to Velentia
- Cold Graves and Warm Hearts – Soldier-scholar (Garridan) and Lutheran meet
- On a visit to Solitus – A snapshot of Nyx in guise of Nyneve on one of her visits to Solitus
- Blades – Garridan puts Lutheran to the question.
- Dragon’s Fang and Tyrfing – Nyx explains how she came to wield Tyrfing as the Dragon’s Fang
- Waterways – How Nyx came to arrive at The Garden and meet Garridan.
- The Key – Nyx journeys through Elysium and is given a task.
- Before the First Day – What Nyx was doing before she arrived at the First Day of the War.
- Playing by the rules – Garridan in fugue
- The Shattered Star – Where Vala and Dayle reflect on a loss
- The Sound of Ripping Silk- When ’Sail and Pieter almost, but not quite, met
- The Candle icon – Michael’s personal mark and why
- Keeping a candle alight – Garridan finds out what it’s like to be left waiting for news while someone else walks the worlds
- Interlude – A Pilgrimage – A written account of Tomascal’s pilgrimage to discover the name of the sixth throne
- Nunc dimittis – Michael’s diary
- Corvus oculum corvi non eruit – A walk in the Labyrinth
- Silver and Grey – Garridan bringing a sword to a fight